Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Djent, Anyone?
JamesAutumn Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Apr 2014
Рейтинг: 0
Djent, Anyone?
I'm curious to know if anyone out there digs this style of music that seems to be showing up on youtube more and more. Personally after listening to it so much it sounds like virtuoso stuff and rarely shows off a full band element just some dude who can tap good and use the low end bass strings on there 8 or 9 string guitar. Plus you rarely here mic'd productions i just never got into the preset effects on a pc program for my recordings hence why i just mic my bass and guitar amp for the sounds.

I do admit there are bands out there like Galactic Pegasus and Miroist that i dig pretty good. So your thoughts on this genre people....and hi i'm new so lets have good music!
04-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Найти Ответить
arithemetal Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Feb 2013
Рейтинг: 2
RE: Djent, Anyone?
(04-15-2014, 06:32 AM)JamesAutumn Писал(а): I'm curious to know if anyone out there digs this style of music that seems to be showing up on youtube more and more. Personally after listening to it so much it sounds like virtuoso stuff and rarely shows off a full band element just some dude who can tap good and use the low end bass strings on there 8 or 9 string guitar. Plus you rarely here mic'd productions i just never got into the preset effects on a pc program for my recordings hence why i just mic my bass and guitar amp for the sounds.

I do admit there are bands out there like Galactic Pegasus and Miroist that i dig pretty good. So your thoughts on this genre people....and hi i'm new so lets have good music!

Hell Yeah............ \m/ to Djent...... Im here with you..... \m/
04-15-2014, 06:42 AM
Найти Ответить
JamesAutumn Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Apr 2014
Glad someone feels the same! I defintiely find myself digging for specific styles and structure in Djent tunes.
04-16-2014, 06:57 AM
Найти Ответить
Fool101 Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Mar 2014
Рейтинг: 2
Most of what I've heard so far ever goes beyond sounding djentish, with not that much effort put into writing memorable music. Interesting sound, not so interesting music.
04-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Найти Ответить
guitar_junkie Не на форуме

У нас с: Sep 2014
Рейтинг: 1
I am a big Djent fan. But it is becoming so over-saturated. I am having to dig longer to find truly talented artists that are under that genre. But I am a huge fan! Glad to see a few threads about it.
09-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Найти Ответить
mrgubb88 Не на форуме

У нас с: Jun 2013
Its not really new it just for popular, band s like Fear Factory, Messugah, and Ion Dissonance
09-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Найти Ответить
3loodbath Не на форуме

У нас с: Aug 2014
Hello!
I just found out that the term Djent exists, i have mixed feelings with this topic because i've always liked heavy prog bands like Opeth and Mastodon. I personally don't like the idea of a new sub-genere when all the "Djent" bands i know can fit perfectly in the existing ones, but i have to say it's also useful because when you look for Djent you find some really cool stuff, so, mixed feelings about it.
On the other hand, if the term Djent is for popular bands (as sugested by mrgubb88), does it mean that the \m/etal community is mainstreaming? or hipstering? or something like adopting a mainstreamy attitude? Are the popular prog bands in 2030 going to be named "new djent"? or only bands that are popular at the moment are gonna be called djent? I'd honestly like to know.
09-20-2014, 03:19 AM
Найти Ответить
Black_Frost Не на форуме

Icon_surprised  RE: Djent, Anyone?
Hello, I have started listening to djent recently thanks to youtube, lol.
I also play it nowadays but mostly something like prog metalcore and djent stuff. Anyone can play djent its not a virtuoso thing.
You can play it on a 6-string guitar (I play it). It is pretty fun to play.
Currently i like bands like Volumes, Surroundings, Invent Animate, Structures, Afterimage.
What bands do you guys like?
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 09-21-2014, 10:04 AM пользователем Black_Frost.)
09-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Найти Ответить
hecate666 Не на форуме

Tesseract is pretty cool. Animals as Leaders are nice too! Rofl I also really love Periphery.
If you want some good reccomendations, look up The Djentleman's Club on Facebook.
10-20-2014, 07:48 AM
Найти Ответить
DissidentPLM Не на форуме

У нас с: Oct 2013
(09-21-2014, 09:37 AM)Black_Frost Писал(а): Anyone can play djent its not a virtuoso thing.

While I agree the rhythmic aspects of djent strays from guitar virtuoso, it takes quite a bit of rhythmic coordination, creative musical syncopation, and impressive music memory.

Animals As Leaders esque shred-your-face-off lead parts just add to the magic. Grin

ETA: I've been mostly digging Animals As Leaders, Periphery, TesseracT, Sybreed, Scale The Summit, and Meshuggah. I'll definitely check out some more bands soonish.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 10-26-2014, 01:27 PM пользователем DissidentPLM.)
10-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)