Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
New member: should I upload albums?
Seop Lednakirf
Unregistered

New member: should I upload albums?
Wassup guys,

as the title of the thread suggests, I registered here yesterday and already downloaded some sweet hard to find stuff. The only problem is, some of them are barely seeded. Some of them took a long time and some didn't even start downloading. A couple of them went 'reasonably' quick (15 mins for an EP, 200kb/s). However, I own some (pretty unknown) albums that I couldn't find on this website yet. A couple of albums I scavenged together from all corners of the internet, and a couple I ripped myself.

I would love to upload the torrents to this site, however... Could it be that because this stuff is all pretty much unknown that I'll be uploading it for nothing? I'd be seeding but there is nobody there to download. I concluded this based on the low amount of seeders for other comparable torrents.

My prime interest is old school swedish melodic death metal. A couple of albums I have but couldn't find here are:
Sins of Omission - The Creation
Without Grief - Deflower
Without Grief - Deflower
Disinterment - Endless (not Swedish tho)
Kris Norris - Icons of the Illogical (not Swedish, ex-darkest hour/disinterment)

Will this even give me enough rep because it's very likely very few will download it?
03-28-2015, 01:10 AM
Ответить
PuddleMonkey Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Mar 2014
Рейтинг: 1
RE: New member: should I upload albums?
The older a torrent is the better chance many of the seeds have fallen off over the years. Since joining a year ago and downloading over 300 gigs worth of material there's only been two or three things I have been unable to download after leaving it in my queue for 24 hours. The newer uploads definitely get users downloading so it wont be for nothing. As far as your 'pretty unknown' Swedish death metal bands I think I have multiple copies of both Grief albums as well as the Sins, and Disinterment isn't too hard to find here in the states since it was released on Sevared Records. I've yet to find anyone who has as much Swedish death as I do from my 25 years of CD collecting (13,000+ original CDs). My problem is I can't find anyone to help me understand how to make torrents/seeds from my originals.
03-29-2015, 07:03 AM
Найти Ответить
Sentient Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Oct 2013
Рейтинг: 10
yes ofcourse upload and share which is not on website.. surely someone will download it and for help uploading torrents, check this thread http://www.metal-tracker.com/forum/showt...p?tid=2538
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 03-29-2015, 09:01 AM пользователем Sentient.)
03-29-2015, 08:41 AM
Website Найти Ответить
gloves Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Nov 2014
Рейтинг: 5
Definitely man! I joined up a few months ago because this was the only place I could find Diesel Machine and then when I started browsing this became my favorite site ever. I've already uploaded 10 torrents that aren't on here. I figure being able to give to this community is a hell of a blessing. There is so much on here I've never heard of and so many bands I've discovered that not only do I love but would never be able to find other than on here.

Please, if you can upload too! Help make this site even more amazing!

Also, if you are trying to download a dead torrent on the left hand side there is a call for seeders button. Use that and pm the original uploader. I've had to do that a few times but every time I got the torrent downloaded.

(03-29-2015, 07:03 AM)PuddleMonkey Писал(а): The older a torrent is the better chance many of the seeds have fallen off over the years. Since joining a year ago and downloading over 300 gigs worth of material there's only been two or three things I have been unable to download after leaving it in my queue for 24 hours. The newer uploads definitely get users downloading so it wont be for nothing. As far as your 'pretty unknown' Swedish death metal bands I think I have multiple copies of both Grief albums as well as the Sins, and Disinterment isn't too hard to find here in the states since it was released on Sevared Records. I've yet to find anyone who has as much Swedish death as I do from my 25 years of CD collecting (13,000+ original CDs). My problem is I can't find anyone to help me understand how to make torrents/seeds from my originals.

1. Open up either Windows Media Player, Zune Media Player, or iTunes Media Player and choose the cd rip option (after you insert your CD). Make sure to select what bit rate you want it ripped as. (I always use 128kbps).
2. Go into the folder where it was ripped to and make sure all the tags and file names are correct and in the standards we expect here.
3. From there go to utorrent and follow the steps to create new torrent (browse directory, select album, or artist if discog). (Look on How to upload new torrent here for tracker).
4. Go to metal-tracker and the the link Add torrent under the torrent drop down menu and follow the on screen steps.
5. Wait for moderation and fix anything that needs fixed.

That's all you need to do. I would recommend using Windows Media Player to rip your cd's. Since you have so many it will take quite a while but it would be amazing to have everything you have that we don't on here.

Cheers!
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 03-29-2015, 10:57 PM пользователем gloves.)
03-29-2015, 10:50 PM
Найти Ответить
beernd Не на форуме

Темы: 9
У нас с: Dec 2012
Рейтинг: 51
Whatever you have and is not on this site... it is always welcome i think.
06-06-2015, 11:26 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)