Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Difference between Technical (death) metal and Progressive (death) metal?
Necronomicon01 Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Jan 2016
Рейтинг: 1
Difference between Technical (death) metal and Progressive (death) metal?
I'm not big fan of categorizing music other than metal and non metal but I generally can see the differences between most of the genres. But this puzzles me really and I've been a metalhead for a long time. So what is the difference between these two, does one exclude the other or are these two different names for very one genre.
09-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Найти Ответить
Nihilist Не на форуме
Ex Nihilo Nihil Fit

Темы: 34
У нас с: Sep 2009
Рейтинг: 42
RE: Difference between Technical (death) metal and Progressive (death) metal?
Hi, technical death metal means a dm played a highest mastery of the music intruments playng, progressive means mix of genres based on death metal , like jazz, classic rock, electronic, anything. Its like a couplet be pure death metal, chorus jazz based metal. And yes both often meet together, because hard play prog without technics. Smile3

and i go to learn english language : (
-------------------------------------------------
Обрету дорогой ценой
Запоздалый кусок себя.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 09-07-2016, 09:57 PM пользователем Nihilist.)
09-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Найти Ответить
tears_of_fire Не на форуме
Posting Freak

Темы: 13
У нас с: Jan 2014
Рейтинг: 115
(09-07-2016, 09:56 PM)Nihilist Писал(а): and i go to learn english language : (

don't worry, my friend...... you're either "technical" and "progressive" in your spoken english Laugh1

what we can understand from your (very good) explanation is that these are both almost the same thing, and I completely agree...... simple definitions, usually used by media as other imaginative fanciful definitions (heavy black folk pagan prog industrial ambient raw brutal melodic noise fucking bastard neoclassic power symphonic one more time motherfuckers Laugh1 ) that, in the end, they don't mean a shit if you don't go there to listen to it with your own ears...... first of all, the music, of course Yahoo Grin
"...... meglio la carne che l'osso...... e darci dentro a più non posso......"
09-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Найти Ответить
RagnarTheRed Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Mar 2014
Рейтинг: 3
Well, I think the question has been answered quite well so far! I just would like to undersline that technical death metal and progressive death metal are considered to have been created almost at the same time, it is enough to listen to Individual Through Patterns, Symbolic (which actually is pretty much more technical) and The Sound of Perseverance by Death; I personally think that Progressive death metal has been brought to its definitive form by Opeth. In the end, yeah, Prog Death mixes a lot of different influences, has complex rythm and riffs, though they are often melodic (even acoustic in many cases) and these songs are quite lyrical and introspective (mind that often there are both clean and harsh vocals) while Technical Death has a lot of different rythms (especially as far as the drums and guitar); bass lines are (generally) simpler and more linear than in Progressive Death; it rarely has clean vocals and few lyrical sections, though often it acquires a sort of 'epicness' (think about Gorguts or Origin) and is more oriented to deconstruct melody and sound patterns.

But, at the end of the day, these two genres walk hand in hand, so it's quite hard to find a band which plays sheer Technical Death or Progressive Death ^^"
09-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Найти Ответить
NecroPet Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Nov 2016
Рейтинг: 0
I find progressive metal, or prog-anything (especially prog-rock) boring and needlessly technical. Take overtly technical death metal and take out the interesting and offensive parts, you'll get prog-death-metal.

Mind you I'm biased as a guitar player and listening to 25 years of prog-rock people claiming to have pioneered and created things like jazz-rock fusion. That sort of mentality is apparent to me with prog-metal players it involves a certain kind of mundane assholery that seemingly all prog-anything players have, that is at the very least in my opinion completely antithetical to metal.
11-23-2016, 06:15 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)