Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Do you listen to Metal with or without EQ
iDead Не на форуме

Темы: 3
У нас с: Apr 2015
Рейтинг: 7
Do you listen to Metal with or without EQ
Was wondering do other people use EQ or not and why. Personally i dont use it mainly because production varies from genre to genre and what works for one album is a mess for another one. And that leads to constantly messing about with it and it gets real messy when you make a playlist with a bunch of different songs from all kinds of Metal genres. 

I am using Logitech X-230 on my computer with the sub volume turned all the way down and EQ off loudness EQ set to ON
[Изображение: logitech_x230_5.jpg] [Изображение: logitech_x230_1.jpg]

This is another set of speakers i use (Logitech Z240) without a sub, usually use this on my record player. Like the sound that comes from wooden design. Very nice sound

[Изображение: 41vBFXNHWoL.jpg]
09-05-2017, 06:56 AM
Найти Ответить
wow138 Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Sep 2012
Рейтинг: 0
RE: Do you listen to Metal with or without EQ
I do personally listen to metal with an EQ, but it's a really general EQ from Razer Synapse's metal setting. It definitely adds to the sound for me. But, Everywhere not on my PC, I do not use an EQ.
09-06-2017, 07:27 AM
Найти Ответить
iDead Не на форуме

Cool, i wish more people shared their opinions and settings and such
09-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Найти Ответить
Ruben97 Не на форуме

У нас с: Dec 2014
(09-12-2017, 08:50 AM)iDead Писал(а): Cool, i wish more people shared their opinions and settings and such

I use DFX Audio Enhancer, life changer for me. But it's always relative to use a EQ, it depends on the speaker quality, or earphones/headphones, and of course, personal taste. I found DFX a good tool, easy to use, and having customized "my perfect sound".
09-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Найти Ответить
iDead Не на форуме

Cool, will try DFX out see how it sounds like across genres and different albums
09-21-2017, 12:31 PM
Найти Ответить
GColares Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: May 2013
Рейтинг: 1
I personally don't listen with EQ. I try to listen to the songs as ''raw'' as possible, to me the quality of the production is directly related to the quality of the music. The artists release the album as they see fit, so if the sound is a bit off then the ''original'' song isn't so good.
09-29-2017, 08:51 PM
Найти Ответить
bager Не на форуме

У нас с: Mar 2017
(09-29-2017, 08:51 PM)GColares Писал(а): I personally don't listen with EQ. I try to listen to the songs as ''raw'' as possible, to me the quality of the production is directly related to the quality of the music. The artists release the album as they see fit, so if the sound is a bit off then the ''original'' song isn't so good.

Exactly my thoughts. I used to listen to all music with a V pattern in EQ for long years, because it just sounded better to me. But then I realized it does substract from the "feeling" of the music, also everything sounds more similar that way. I just recently stopped using EQ at all.

That said, I turn up the subwoofer on my 5+1 speakers all the way up, because I use the speakers on low volume (there are no numbers, but it may be something like 2/10) and the woofer would stay completely silent otherwise.
10-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Найти Ответить
ryder239 Не на форуме

У нас с: Oct 2017
I do not. I have played around with it for a while, but none of them sound that good to me. Or if they do, it is not consistent across different bands. However, I'm no audiophile and admit to owning some 120 bitrate mp3's and such.
10-10-2017, 07:50 AM
Найти Ответить
subsight Не на форуме

У нас с: Feb 2015
I use Sonarworks for room- and speaker correction; when listening with headphones or monitors, but my livingroom setup has not EQ.
10-11-2017, 08:03 AM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)