Metal Torrent Tracker Forum
Metal culture in your area - Версия для печати

+- Metal Torrent Tracker Forum (https://www.metal-tracker.com/forum)
+-- Форум: English-speaking forum (https://www.metal-tracker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Форум: Metal music forums (https://www.metal-tracker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Тема: Metal culture in your area (/showthread.php?tid=1409)

Страниц: 1 2 3 4

RE: Metal culture in your area - Vesheljinn - 08-22-2013

Well, in Belgrade the scene is not half bad, although it's widely disliked among the non-metalheads. There are some core/nu scenesters but they form bands rarely and are usually talked into listening ''trve'' elite stuff, elitism all the way. I'm in a band myself and there is a sweet studio which records your full rehearsal (2 hours) for only 500 RSD (arround 5 €) so self-releasing demos and gaining publicity through friends isn't hard.
But recording albums in a recording studio is quite expensive so not many have that privilege. Making gigs on the other side is easy enough for kids like us since the clubs/bars are very supportive.
There are some excellent festivals in Serbia and the ex-Yugoslavian countries (Metal Days in Tolmin, Slovenia had a sick setlist this year) and the gigs in bigger clubs are not rare (e.g. Immolation, Marduk, Sinister, Hypocrisy). And also there's the Belgrade arena where Slayer came two months ago, which was remarkable.

RE: Metal culture in your area - amidst-tundra - 08-23-2013

Well, my folks live in Cornwall in the UK and frankly there has never been much of a metal scene at all down here.

My friend plays in a atmospheric black metal band and back in the day a few nu-metal worship bands and metalcore bands were doing the rounds, but due to the isolation from the rest of the UK there is exactly zero gigs down here except for the odd local band. there was a big pop punk and ska scene about 10 years ago but I think that's dead now.

Where I live up in Scotland there is a fairly decent scene, Glasgow is on most bands European tour lists and there's a lot of bands doing the rounds in Scotland.

RE: Metal culture in your area - CharleyYpres - 08-23-2013

One of my friends is from Cornwall, he's in a power metal band and has a black metal side project still going I think Smile3 And I've noticed that Scotland gets included in most UK/Euro tours lately, hopefully Cardiff will follow suit.

RE: Metal culture in your area - amidst-tundra - 08-24-2013

(08-23-2013, 07:01 PM)CharleyYpres Писал(а): One of my friends is from Cornwall, he's in a power metal band and has a black metal side project still going I think Smile3 And I've noticed that Scotland gets included in most UK/Euro tours lately, hopefully Cardiff will follow suit.

Your friend isn't Julian Foster is it? Because I'm mates with Sean from Etherune.

There is a few odd bands down here, I played in a black metal band for a little while but getting gigs is pretty much impossible (wasn't so bad about 10 years ago... before the place got geared for chavs who can't afford Ibiza or Faliraki).

RE: Metal culture in your area - CharleyYpres - 08-28-2013

He is indeed! He's the drummer of my partners band too, a bit of a long distance deal going on :p

RE: Metal culture in your area - amidst-tundra - 08-29-2013

(08-28-2013, 03:00 PM)CharleyYpres Писал(а): He is indeed! He's the drummer of my partners band too, a bit of a long distance deal going on :p

Ha, small world. I've only met him briefly through Sean, he's basically a one man scene in Cornwall, been in a fair few projects I was aware of...

Long distance is the way to go pretty often if you want to play in a band in the UK!

RE: Metal culture in your area - DeadlyLullaby - 09-01-2013

In my area (North East from France), metal is not very represented. We just have many nu metal bands and pretty shit who thinks they make some thrash or something else. Black or death metal bands are very hard to find or to see, so I hope to change that with my own band Smile3

RE: Metal culture in your area - lootercoon - 09-07-2013

The scene in my town is active, but not my taste in metal whatsoever. It's all about grindcore and hardcore or punk around here. There's one band that plays purely instrumentals and they are progressive metal I suppose, and they kick absolute ass. When they play it's an odyssey through your mind, excellent musicians with the capabilities of madmen, it's incredible. The rest are angsty punks with rat tails screaming nonsense with trashy guitars with the whole sex drugs rock n roll attitude going on, thinking they are a metal head because they are leather clad with spieks on their shoulders and when they get drunk they throw bottles at car windows. So I guess depending on who you are it's either here or there, for me it's brats with no talent screaming about break ups and parental issues.

RE: Metal culture in your area - ctw666 - 09-07-2013

Not a whole lot locally, I live around Philadelphia. Morbid Angel is coming through this fall, and they're supposed to be promoting local bands, so I'm thinking of going to that show just to get a better idea of the scene.

RE: Metal culture in your area - o0mURDER0o - 09-10-2013

California Metal is thriving. Many shows from low level garage bands to huge names come through relatively often. Just gotta be ready for a bit of a drive sometimes. Big names in small places are some of the best. Being close to a culture capitol [san francisco] and the state capitol [sacramento] allows access to wide range of shows and venues. The scene kids are destroying shit of couse but die hard fans make it worth while