Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 1 - Средняя оценка: 5
Melodic Death Metal
telos
Unregistered

Melodic Death Metal
share your favorite melodic death metal bands here. heres mine - gates of ishtar, old in flames, without grief, Eucharist, carcass(heartwork), night in gales, amon amarth, be'lakor, at the gates, the absence, insomnium, Autumn Leaves's As Night Conquers Day, A Canorous Quintet , cardinal sin, dissection, ceremonial oath(carpet)
10-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Ответить
klukas Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Sep 2012
Рейтинг: 0
RE: Melodic Death Metal
My favourite melodic death metal is, with no doubt, one and only true forefathers of melodic death metal - Edge of Sanity. Those guys were brilliant, and offcourse, specially Dan Swano. Their combination of brutality, melody, mixture of death metal and prog rock (on later albums) is remarkable. They could have been the first death metal stars, winning wider audience, but unfortunately, they split too early. "Moontower", released in 1998 as Dan Swano's solo album, showed what direction they could take.

Regarding other bands, I like Carcass "Heartwork", In Flames "The Jester Race", some Dark Tranquility stuff, some Hypocrisy ("Destroyed" and "Edge of Madness" are great songs, good example to introduce someone with melodic DM), Amon Amarth are good...
Sometimes I like to listen Eucharist, Ceremonial Oath, Twin Obscenity... and yes, Dethklok is funny.

Though not exactly melodic death metal, but death/black mixture - there are also two excellent bands I like: Dissection and Unanimated. I can't separate their music and atmosphere from autumn rain or cold winter winds.
Also, Necrophobic, Vinterland, Sacramentum, Dawn and Mörk Gryning had some good moments, though some of them occasionally went on black metal field...

Discussing about melodic death metal and not mentioning At the Gates is not possible. So, here I go: I don't like them, I never did. I like only "Gardens of Grief". I tried and tried, wondering why they are so popular, but nothing, I don't get it.
Also, Arch Enemy - not my cup of tea. Though music is good, I never liked their vocalists, both Johan and Angela.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 10-11-2013, 01:43 AM пользователем klukas.)
10-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Найти Ответить
djswitch Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Nov 2012
Рейтинг: 100
Kalmah
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
In Slumber
Lay Down Rotten
Zonaria
Eventide
Ablaze My Sorrow
Ebony Tears
Eternal Oath
Noumena

(those that throw in some doom into MDM)
Godgory
Daylight Dies
Pandemonium
Rapture
Crematory
Swallow the Sun

(those not so known)
Darkemist
Halo of Shadows
Division 19
Maleficio
10-11-2013, 07:05 AM
Найти Ответить
Ungoliant
Unregistered

I’ m not really a fan of the genre, but I love Persefone.
10-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Ответить
yzfgr6 Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Aug 2012
Рейтинг: 3
I think the best band in this category is Dark Tranquillity (mid period).
This band creates the strongest feelings to me when i listen, but i will take a good look on your lists alsoSmile3

(10-11-2013, 07:05 AM)djswitch Писал(а): Kalmah
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
In Slumber
Lay Down Rotten
Zonaria
Eventide
Ablaze My Sorrow
Ebony Tears
Eternal Oath
Noumena

Godgory
Daylight Dies
Pandemonium
Rapture
Crematory
Swallow the Sun

(those not so known)
Darkemist
Halo of Shadows
Division 19
Maleficio
check this site, you ll have fun:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Darkemist/18065
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 10-12-2013, 10:34 PM пользователем yzfgr6.)
10-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Найти Ответить
djswitch Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Nov 2012
Рейтинг: 100
(10-12-2013, 10:26 PM)yzfgr6 Писал(а): I think the best band in this category is Dark Tranquillity (mid period).
This band creates the strongest feelings to me when i listen, but i will take a good look on your lists alsoSmile3

(10-11-2013, 07:05 AM)djswitch Писал(а): Kalmah
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
In Slumber
Lay Down Rotten
Zonaria
Eventide
Ablaze My Sorrow
Ebony Tears
Eternal Oath
Noumena

Godgory
Daylight Dies
Pandemonium
Rapture
Crematory
Swallow the Sun

(those not so known)
Darkemist
Halo of Shadows
Division 19
Maleficio
check this site, you ll have fun:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Darkemist/18065

IMO there are only 2 records by DT that would reallyt be considered MDM; The Gallery and The Mind's I. But true DT are amazing, i tried to avoid throwing in the obvious (though its not like all i've listed are unknown. EToS, Kalmah are reknown bands) when it came to the list, cause the likes of In Flames too had their moments (the Jester Race era) At The Gates (Slaughter of The Soul) Carcass (Heartwork)...this would have been like listing Megadeth, Slayer, old Metallica etc on a Thrash Metal thread whereas there were amazing Thrash bands like Vio-lence, Whiplash and Xentrix that could go a long way.

I am a frequent user of Metal archives but you find very little info of some of this bands Like Chile's Darkemist, listed as still active from 1995 but very few peeps know them despite playing amazing music.Smile3
10-20-2013, 03:04 AM
Найти Ответить
wfenriz
Unregistered

I used to listen a lot of Melodeath, but now I run away from it, but I still like this bands:

The holy trinity: Dark Tranquillity, In Flames up to Whoracle, At the Gates. Also Carcass, Eucharist, Vinterland, Dissection, Ceremonial Oath, Necrophobic, Edge of Sanity, Arch Enemy first 3 albums, Soilwork's first 3, the first one of Shadow, the Cenotaph's masterpiece "Riding Our Black Oceans" and there's still room in my heart for the Hatebreeder album of COB.
10-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Ответить
metalpineapple
Unregistered

My favorites:
The Black Dahlia Murder, At the Gates, Carcass, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom.
10-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Ответить
BlackLabel88 Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Dec 2013
Рейтинг: 0
My favs gotta be In Flames, Opeth, Kalmah, Insomnium, and Children of Bodom.. also definately worth mentioning Dark Tranquility, Wintersun and Black Dahlia Murder and of course Edge of Sanity crimson 1 and 2 is beyond epic for this genre
12-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Найти Ответить
skeptic12
Unregistered

I wanna add only 1 band. - Dark Lunacy
12-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)