Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Whats with the core hate?
abap
Unregistered

RE: Whats with the core hate?
As someone that started off listening to metalcore and eventually progressed to the heart of melodic/doom/black metal, I find the core scene to be very immature. Its something you start listening to when you're in high school and want to sound brutal and badass while bragging to your friends about the shitty pit. I like to think that deathcore its modern phase music (just like metalcore was in my phase) and most diverge to something else eventually, but if not, all the power to them, I just won't ever take them seriously.
08-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Ответить
wagakki_oni Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Jul 2014
Рейтинг: 0
I think elitism has a bigger role in the hate than most would like to admit, but yeah, most of the fans suck. I actually like a fair amount of metalcore (This or the Apocalypse is still probably one of the best shows I've ever been to in my life, second only to the first time I saw Crossfaith), but most of the time metalcore crowds have people "crowdkilling" and just in general trying to hurt people, which isn't something you see (usually) in a death metal show. The hate for the genre as a whole distances someone from that scene, because it is seen that way since the crowds often overlap at bigger shows.

For the music and the bands, though, there's just such a lack of originality. I also really have a problem with the humor a lot of bands work too hard to get across, the whole 'we're heavy, but we're funny' thing. (iwrestledabearonce, We Butter the Bread With Butter, etc.) And in the case of deathcore specifically, there's a lot of 'trying too hard to be brutal,' at least in my opinion.
08-10-2014, 09:32 AM
Найти Ответить
Sean19231 Не на форуме

Темы: 7
У нас с: Feb 2014
Рейтинг: 5
Remember when it didn't matter what type of metal people listened to as long as they were part of the metal fanbase? You don't see that anymore. Some come argue that part of why metal is progressively becoming stagnant is lack of innovators forced out of the community by afraid metal elitsits.

Sure, I don't like core genres, but we all come from the same place. Picking on someone because they like a different style of metal is doing nothing but making our genre a less serious art form in general. If we're picking on each other, how are people outside the genre suppose to act towards us? I think their opinion is more than justified by the actions of these metal purists.

I'm sure most of you self elitists would laugh at my genres, namely Power and Folk, but quite honestly, I don't care. It goes both ways. I can promise you that I do not like 90% of the user's music here. Do you know why I don't go around calling people fags and telling them their music sucks? Nobody has the right to tell someone that their taste in music is wrong. If you believe that you do, there is no reason to take your opinion serious anyway. By the way, I said fag a few sentences ago because it looks like that's how you guys communicate with each other. As I said below, I am not afraid of gay people and I do not use it as an insult.

Putting aside the obvious of people reacting to music differently, how the hell would you even prove they're wrong? Just because they don't listen to the same music you listen to? What makes you the standard and who decided on that?

While other forms of genres top the charts like pop, rap, you instead pick on yourself and your own kind. The same people who when it goes back down to it's roots, share the same practices musically as you.

In actuality you should be thanking these core bands, and most nu-metal/modern for being a gateway "drug" to other bands. To other genres of metal. Nobody is going to switch genres for no reason and these cross brands give people a reason to give it a shot. It gives an insight into a new type of music someone hasn't yet experienced yet, but may greatly enjoy. They do nothing but encourage further listens to new varieties of metal. It allows people to slowly ease into a more fitting genre for them. Be it death, folk, thrash, whatever, these core/nu-metal are a first stepping stone in a chain of exploration. You can't start someone right into a really heavy genre. You gotta build up their tolerance and understanding before they're ready for the serious stuff. Like I said, thank them for increasing the fan base considerably.

By the way, I love how homophobia runs throughout the hearts of the posters here. God forbid (actually ?) a homosexual likes metal. Also, I'm not gay, I'm just not a fucking retard at the same time. I'm comfortable living the way I am in coexistence with someone who is slightly different, but doesn't actually effect me in an yway. That's fine with me.

Just a bunch of closed minded people afraid.

I'll leave you with what I said on 03-01-2014, 01:12 PM.
"The only thing you need to know is that your taste in music is right for you. Just as mine is for me. Anyone who discredits someone for the type of music they listen to are idiots."
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 08-10-2014, 11:50 AM пользователем Sean19231.)
08-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Найти Ответить
edbangor Не на форуме

У нас с: Jul 2014
(08-10-2014, 11:43 AM)Sean19231 Писал(а): Remember when it didn't matter what type of metal people listened to as long as they were part of the metal fanbase? You don't see that anymore. Some come argue that part of why metal is progressively becoming stagnant is lack of innovators forced out of the community by afraid metal elitsits.

Totally agree with the first part of this.

When I first got into metal back in the early 1980s we counted almost anything as metal as long as it had great guitar in it, and while there might have been some joking about what other people liked, no one cared as long as they had some bands in common. So you could see patches for Styx next to one for Slayer, and no one would think that was odd.

Then came the big split into genres, and 'metal' no long seemed to exist on it's own. Suddenly people who liked, for example, thrash somehow weren't allowed to also like progressive metal. This, as stated in the quote above, has led to a tendency for bands to play in just one form of metal, and not branch out into others, crossing over. Sure it may not have always worked in the past, but at least they were trying something out.

Basically, you like what you like music wise, and you shouldn't be ashamed of that. It won't be the same as everyone, or indeed, anyone else likes, but that's what makes us different and together as a metal fans in one big family.
08-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Найти Ответить
odinsdottir
Unregistered

While the core metal isn't my scene (I'm just not fond of the sound), I don't go out of my way to bash it.

I never understood metal elitists... why limit yourself to a sub-genre or two and be so extremely negative to the rest? To me it's just as bad as rap and hip hop lovers who bash metal.
It's all unnecessary high school drama.
09-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Ответить
Eurico
Unregistered

lool deathcore fans get offended so easily next time dont ask for an opinion..what i said was from my own experience with deathcore fans,but i guess i pierced their soft spot to get all this hate,ahaha i couldnt be happier

And seriously recivieng a dislike on my comment from this guy('m not a fan of deathcore personally, but I have no idea why people hate on it. I like a lot of music, metal, electronic, hip-hop. ) fuck off dude,you know who u are.
09-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Ответить
tears_of_fire Не на форуме
Posting Freak

Темы: 13
У нас с: Jan 2014
Рейтинг: 115
let me say...... honestly...... all categories and sub-genres or definitions, to me, are all great bullshits...... there is good music and bad music...... and, in the end, to say it all, the question is about "what I like" and "what I don't like"...... all other discussion is made of words said to the wind......

peace and love to all the people that loves music...... metal, pop, core, synth, disco, rock or whatever else it may be!!

Yahoo Laugh1 Grin Smile3
"...... meglio la carne che l'osso...... e darci dentro a più non posso......"
01-04-2015, 11:14 PM
Найти Ответить
zkiss1987 Не на форуме

У нас с: Jun 2013
I did not love initially the metalcore music, but I listen to a lot so I took a liking to it. took a fancy to it the core music. Pleasantry
01-27-2015, 11:31 PM
Найти Ответить
csabeszka321 Не на форуме

У нас с: May 2014
Icon_cheesygrin  RE: Whats with the core hate?
I 2006 on I keep silent core musics for example: Asking Alexandria, Bullet For My Valentine, In Hearts Weak

YahooRoflLaugh1
01-28-2015, 03:46 PM
Найти Ответить
Revolted Не на форуме

У нас с: Aug 2014
I don't like Deathcore for various reasons:

-Sounds overproduced,
-It's still too close to Metalcore, and they tend to use and abuse of the emo parts :| ,
-They love to scream, I would like to listen to some real growls,
-They dress like pre-teens, and for that I would prefer Babymetal,
-All deathcore songs have the same structure, so if you listen to 1 good song you don't need anything more,
-From all the cores, metalcore and its sons are the weakest, although on paper it had everything to go well (just imagine a mix of early Morbid Angel with early The Exploited. It should have everything to be awesome), but the real deathcore is more in the form of Grincore, leaving the Deathcore, as we know it, redundant and weak
01-28-2015, 08:40 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)