Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Life philosophy
Fool101 Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Mar 2014
Рейтинг: 2
RE: Life philosophy
I don't know if there's any deity out there, and I honestly don't care at all, which makes me a pretty hardcore agnostic.
I've come to consider life to be a meaningless experience, and pretty much everything to be meaningless too. I'll just try to make the best of it until it ends. I seriously hope there's neither afterlife nor reincarnation, having to go through all of this once is enough for me.
Agonstic to the core with a quite nihilistic view of life, guess it explains why there's not much that makes me feel happy Laugh1
03-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Найти Ответить
theembryo Не на форуме

У нас с: Sep 2013
Рейтинг: 3
A very difficult topic - people have expressed the possibilities already in that this is very probably not the only plane of existence, it certainly should not be as simple as that. We all have experienced things that would also defy 'earthly' or logical physical explanation.

Good thread, this.....
03-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Найти Ответить
mikepowell512 Не на форуме

У нас с: Feb 2013
(09-29-2012, 12:16 PM)Shatanka Писал(а): Yesterday some users were talking on chat about religion/life's philosophy so that inspired me to posting this thread. As we're social community, maybe someone of us would like to share his opinion about that. Do you belive in God or any higher power? What is the philosophy of life that you support?

I'm sorry for very late reply (Blush), but this topic is too interesting for me, so I'd like to share some of my thoughts.

My way to cope with my spirituality is very long. I'm from the middle Europe, so I was guided toward "unquestioned Christianity".
I gradually rejected this religion, because there were no answers in it, only a clause "You have to believe." That happened at the of 13.

Then I made a wide research and found a Buddhism (Mahajána). Quite great, I learned a lot from this philosophy, but I found it "inconvenient" for the inhabitant of central Europe - at the age of 16.

Then I have some problems with willpower and tendency of some authorities to push me somewhere I didn't want to go, so I began listening to death and black metal - and it is a short way to be familiarized with Satanism.

La Vey's Satanic bible is very interesting book, it has very egocentric point of view, I was really influented by it back then. After some experience, I realised that there could be more power, but it is always a something-for-something. Power for soul, in this case (one is ostensibly more powerful with deactivation of his empathy and feelings). And I refuse this business - too disadvantageous.

So at my 18, I began to search for my own strength, with my body, soul and mind. Pagan metal led me to shamanism/animism. It worked quite good for some time, but then came extraordinarily difficult relationship problems, which no animism could solve.

Then I began to ramble and look for something suitable. I read many books, experimented and learned about most of world religions, but nothing I found out was "good enough", not only in religion.
So I have to admit that there is no suitable for-me-known higher principle.

So I created my own systems (at the age of 21). It was some sort of "pudding-stone" at the begining, having something from each religion that I liked. This concept was changed and improved many times during time, according to my new ideas, knowledge and life experience.

At the age of 22, I learned about theory of Unity (The Sun is the 3rd generation star, so all the matter in the Solar system was the ONE star of 2nd generation, so we all, everybody and everything, are "star brothers".

Great finding, but then I began to learn molecular biology, chemistry, psychology, nutraceutics and get familiar with human fundamentals - I simply learned "how to human" Grin

At the age of 23, I refuse any idea of God as a personality or being. I refuse any "romantic", idealistic or other similar conceptions, there is no "other" worlds before birth nor after death. Only ontogenesis and DMT in near death experience. This "scientificly radical" theory was great in diminishing of my fear, but not as effective in saturating of my spirituality.

After another deep search, I had some discussions with other "rational spiritual searchers" and I had to admit, that there is a God - not as a being, but as a principle - It is purposeful and infinite.
Now, I take the World as it is, with all of its rules: It is cruel, calculating, competing and brutally imperfect (Fuck creationists Laugh1 ), there is a lot of pain, sadness and loss.
BUT - With accepting this as a true reality, new options became available: I, as a human and Human, can CHANGE these patterns. I can fight the chaos and disorder with my influence, I can fight the pain and loss with my endurance, I can also calculate and invest my sources and time to some great project or effort, to make the World a better place not only for my descendants.
Yeah, life is a one big repetitive calculating - and I'm glad that I'm able to do it.

(And I'm really interested, how will my thoughts evolve in time.)

[Thank to those, who have enough patience to read it whole. If you'd like to discuss or ask me, send me a message or write it here.][/color]
03-14-2014, 04:27 AM
Найти Ответить
Saucisse
Unregistered

Icon_neutral  RE: Life philosophy
Hello ~

I don't believe in God, especially in the Christian sense, but I gladly accept his existence and I respect those who believe in him.

Why I do not believe in him ? Not because of science, but because of the behavior of a large number of Christians. According to them, all those who do not think the same way go to hell.

Why would I hell while I may be more good around me a part of them?

The Buddhist monks impress me much, they make me want to believe in Buddha. Laugh1
03-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Ответить
Decko Не на форуме

У нас с: Dec 2012
Рейтинг: 5
Times ago, I believed that mankind could live in peace, I believed that we were giving one step to the evolution... But, in the last two years I have changed my thinking brutally. Why? Just see around you. The humankind don't have future, it seems to me nobody can see that our actions are destroying the world. And it is why I've been hated the people. I believe the world would be better without us. Better yet would be, maybe, if everything were destroyed, all the universe.
Another useless question is about gods, beliefs, paranormal phenomena... well, has someone already seen gods, phantoms, spirits? If already, you must look for help or simply born again, but now, in the tribe of Pirahãs hahaha. There is not nothing difficult here, good or bad, these things does not exists.
04-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Website Найти Ответить
Starseeker
Unregistered

I'm an Orthodox Christian if it's the answer you wanted. I really try to follow this path. It's very hard but it worths it. But it doesn't mean I haven't my own philosophy. It's Christian, but, well, there are many things The Bible tells nothing about, at leastSmile3
04-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Ответить
mikepowell512 Не на форуме

У нас с: Feb 2013
(04-06-2014, 08:51 AM)Decko Писал(а): ..But, in the last two years I have changed my thinking brutally. Why? Just see around you. The humankind don't have future, it seems to me nobody can see that our actions are destroying the world. And it is why I've been hated the people. I believe the world would be better without us. Better yet would be, maybe, if everything were destroyed, all the universe.

Another useless question is about gods, beliefs, paranormal phenomena... well, has someone already seen gods, phantoms, spirits? If already, you must look for help or simply born again, but now, in the tribe of Pirahãs hahaha. There is not nothing difficult here, good or bad, these things does not exists.

For some people, the World and others MUST BE bad, depraved and condemned to death and destruction.
It is very simple (and false) excuse to justify a life failure, like
"The World is bad and thus I failed and I will fail again because World is so bad.".

This is not true.
Failure is a part of life and everything, there is no need or reason to condemn the whole World or even Universe.

Thucydides had a very clarifying information:
“Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.”

It needs a lot of courage to face the own failure.
Cynism is not an effective life strategy.

Hold your mind up, Decko. Give yourself another chance. Even the best engines in the world don't always ignite within first revolution.
04-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Найти Ответить
deathed
Unregistered

(01-16-2013, 12:40 AM)r2d2069 Писал(а): I would say read The Lost Book of Enki, if you haven't already.
Add Astral Dynamics to that and you have a party.
04-07-2014, 11:47 PM
Ответить
SweetFairy Не на форуме

У нас с: Apr 2014
Рейтинг: 8
I'm a little into chaoism, but the thing that would define in a better way my "life philosophy" would be: do everything with love. I know, sweet as my username haha.
05-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Найти Ответить
ac5820 Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Apr 2014
Рейтинг: 1
I believe in God. And that after death should be continued. I listen to metal, grindcore. I like it. The main thing is not to do anything wrong to others, not to do much good, to help others.
05-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)