Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Freeleech, New rating system and profile update
stevedri Не на форуме

Темы: 5
У нас с: Jun 2013
Рейтинг: 8
RE: Freeleech, New rating system and profile update
To have 0 delay, you have to reach rank of User, which is 2001 points or more. In order to get this rank, you need to...
1) Seed 400GB
2) Upload + Seed 200 new releases
3) Get 2000 "Thanks"
4) Get 80 "+" on the forums
5) Visit each month for 201 months (about 16 years)

i like the third one..... lol Tongue
07-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Найти Ответить
5385 Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Oct 2012
Рейтинг: 1
Just got from vacation and off course one of the first things i had to do was to visit this site.

But what...

A delay on downloading... What was that.

So i had to examine what was wrong and i just found out that it is because of the new rules.

And i am truly dissapointed. The Metal community are normally a very open minded and friendly environment.

But of all the torrent sites i have visited - this is the some of the strictest rules i have come across.

I can understand that they don't want people only leeching.

But there must be another way.
I am member of another site which has 2 simple rules.
1) You got to have a ratio minumum of 1 . You have one week to correct it you violate this rule. Otherwise your IP Adress will blocked from the site.
2) Every time you download something you must Seed the file/albumt for at least 48 hours. If you delete too soon. it you will get a warning. By the third warning your IP adress will be blocked from site.

Could the above rules not be a possibility ????
Regards
07-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Найти Ответить
mcwayne Не на форуме

У нас с: Dec 2012
Рейтинг: 0
(07-14-2013, 07:34 PM)Selta Писал(а):
(07-14-2013, 04:00 PM)mcwayne Писал(а): Why does it matter your rank as long as you do not have a 30 second or 60 second delay in downloading? I just don't see why it matters if you are a great metalhead or just a user as to what it matters. Just enjoy the downloads.

To have 0 delay, you have to reach rank of User, which is 2001 points or more. In order to get this rank, you need to...
1) Seed 400GB
2) Upload + Seed 200 new releases
3) Get 2000 "Thanks"
4) Get 80 "+" on the forums
5) Visit each month for 201 months (about 16 years)

So far, I've seeded every download I've done, and have a total upload of about 2GB after roughly one month (5 weeks, but we'll round down).
I don't have anything to contribute currently, and don't really make it a point to downlost much from torrents (I buy the vast majority of my music). I've checked my entire library and I have nothing to add. SO option 2 doesn't get me very far.
Option 3, again, not really an option since I don't speak Russian... and would rather not embarras myself with a poor translation from say, google.
Option 4, same thing as option 3.

Between option 1 and option 5, my most viable options, we can extrapolate that it'll take roughly 100 months - 8.3 years - to rank up where I have zero delay, at current rates. Assuming I continue to use the tracker and download things, we can assume that the upload portion may increase quite a bit, but I can't see it increasing enough to even bring the rank User within my grasp to a year or less. Not unless I download simply for the sake of downloading.

I have about 200 "points" now. So I'm a "visitor" according to this site. If I'm extremely lucky, I'll be a "newbie" within the next year or so, give or take a few months.

Again, it's obvious that admins are forcing a community. I don't mind that at all. It's their site, they are free to do whatever the heck they want. I'm just pointing out how things feel from my position as an English-only speaker with very little to offer than awesome seed times (I average 2:1 ratio on other trackers, and have average seed times of many months) once I do download something.
As it stands, I'll at least be a visitor, which seems for now I'll still be able to download, so this doesn't really negativly effect me. Sure, I have a 60 second delay between downloads... that's fine, I can be patient. It also means though that this tracker will likely not be my "go to" tracker if I find a hole in my collection that I need to fill quickly, as I am a member of other trackers where I can generally find what I need, without delay.

Ok I see your point. I guess I am lucky as to the fact that most of what I download, which is all I i do, is very popular. In 7 months my reputation is over 2800. Never did the math. Thank you
07-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Найти Ответить
5385 Не на форуме

У нас с: Oct 2012
Рейтинг: 1
I'll regret now that i haven't used my bonus point at all - That would have helped a little bit ...

But hopefully the moderators will make some modifications to the newsystem.
In their info it was clearly made possible that modification to the new system would be made if needed.

\m/ Bang on metal headz \m/
07-15-2013, 01:42 AM
Найти Ответить
Selta Не на форуме

Рейтинг: 15
Hm - I think I found a bug? I cannot send outgoing PMs at all. I received one from Nihilist, but I cannot respond to it, and I cannot write a new one.

All in all, I don't intend to talk this site down. It's awesome - I wouldn't have joined otherwise. I realize there's some growing pains, and new systems will be tried out to keep things going here. I'll stay and work with them as best I can as long as I'm allowed and able to. Pretty soon I'll actually have an album to upload - from my own band, too!
07-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Найти Ответить
HeRmAN Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Sep 2012
Рейтинг: 0
(07-12-2013, 01:50 PM)Niflheim Писал(а): Previously if you seeding even if nobody downloading, you'll get some bonuses. Now this system was removed, but we are discussing how to include that in new rating system. Hopefully that will make life a bit easier.

Metal - is not extremely popular music, so if we just switch to freeleech mode most of released becomes dead. We are trying to force users to seed as much as possible for our all benefits.

My experience with freeleech and getting bonus points for seeding even if nobody is downloading will give a lot of torrents that aren't dead and the freeleech will give users the opportunity to grab "oldies and goodies"
Myself often scan the torrents now and then and not on a daily basis, then I usually find good torrents with seeders but no leechers other than me, So gaining the ratio is difficult then but once I downloaded them I leave them up for many months or even longer, always re-seeding on request. The new system will not benefit me.
There should be some bonus for being the last seeder that keeps the torrents alive!

I'm Swedish myself so I have to use google to translate the Russian parts.
Nevertheless, Thanks for a good site :-)
07-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Найти Ответить
Selta Не на форуме

Рейтинг: 15
(07-16-2013, 01:13 AM)HeRmAN Писал(а):
(07-12-2013, 01:50 PM)Niflheim Писал(а): Previously if you seeding even if nobody downloading, you'll get some bonuses. Now this system was removed, but we are discussing how to include that in new rating system. Hopefully that will make life a bit easier.

Metal - is not extremely popular music, so if we just switch to freeleech mode most of released becomes dead. We are trying to force users to seed as much as possible for our all benefits.

My experience with freeleech and getting bonus points for seeding even if nobody is downloading will give a lot of torrents that aren't dead and the freeleech will give users the opportunity to grab "oldies and goodies"
Myself often scan the torrents now and then and not on a daily basis, then I usually find good torrents with seeders but no leechers other than me, So gaining the ratio is difficult then but once I downloaded them I leave them up for many months or even longer, always re-seeding on request. The new system will not benefit me.
There should be some bonus for being the last seeder that keeps the torrents alive!

I'm Swedish myself so I have to use google to translate the Russian parts.
Nevertheless, Thanks for a good site :-)
I think a good compromise is to allow seeding to only get you so far. I.e. you can't pass a 2:1 ratio solely on seed time.

To try to explain it fully, let me put together an example.
Scenario one:
Sam has downloaded 1 torrent. He just finished it, and it was 10GB.
After 14 days of seeding it, he still has 0KB upload - no one else seems to want to download.
At 14 days, the tracker grants him a 10GB credit, bringing his ratio to 1:1 (upload : download).
The next day, someone downloads it, and he is the sole seed, so his ratio becomes 2:1. Henceforth, he cannot get any further credit from the tracker for seeding, but the MB/GB upload still count towards his ratio.

Scenario two:
Same had downloaded 1 torrent. He just finished it, and it was 10GB.
After 14 days, he has uploaded 1GB of it. He's not the only seed, so the person only got 1GB from Sam. His ratio is 1:10 (upload : download).
At 14 days, the tracker grants him 9GB upload credit, bringing his ratio to 1:1. etc.

Now, you could expand on this... forcing seed time based on size. I.e.
For 100MB, you have to seed for 24 hours before the tracker gets you to 1:1, if you haven't already via other downloaders.
For 250MB, you have to see for 7 days.
For 500MB, you have to see for 14 days.
For 750, 21 days.

In addition, for every X days you seed beyond the require time, you get Y points.
If I downloaded 100MB, and I seed for 24 hours, I get 0 points. But if I seed for another 30 days, I get 5 points. And 5 points for every 30 days beyond that.

And so on, and so on.
Then, you change the rank & delay system to not only be "points" based, but also "ratio".
Visitor would be <1000 points or <1.5:1 ratio.
Newbie would be 1000 points or 1.5:1 ratio.
User would be 2001 points or 2:1 ratio.

And so on. Basically, you have to seed still for X time to get to 1:1 (which the tracker will do for you). If you seed even more, you get points, helping you rank up.

I put some thought into this, but not much... but this seems like a fair system to me. It doesn't force the community aspect, but still encourages it. It does force seeding, and encourages longer seeding as well.

Edit: "points" = reputation score, just FYI.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 07-16-2013, 02:07 AM пользователем Selta.)
07-16-2013, 02:02 AM
Найти Ответить
Sorgens Не на форуме

У нас с: Jan 2013
Рейтинг: 4
Selta,

I'm not really good at maths but what you've calculated is quite true. The general aspect is that we must SEED (hypothetically speaking) that others may have the same content too.
If one person closes or deletes the torrent after downloading, the other users who do seed will have "cough" up some more time seeding the content; whether it be 100MB or 200MB or even 2GB it still has to be done in order to keep a stable ratio.

This might seem a little "tight" for some people, not to mention the delay timer on each torrent. Not that I am complaining, on the contrary I think this will make some people realize that they need to understand the purpose of a "give-and-take" scenario, right?
Without the bonuses, I know it is a little bit cumbersome, but the new system is trying to keep everything together, as mentioned before that releases go dead after a week or so, which should never be the case.

There might be a user who wants to download something that was posted in 2010 even; (a rough example) and it is declared "dead" so it “has” to be removed and uploaded again.
From my side, I'd like to thank you for the time you took to prepare the calculations and trying your best to make it as easy as possible to understand.

"Now, you could expand on this... forcing seed time based on size. I.e.
For 100MB, you have to seed for 24 hours before the tracker gets you to 1:1, if you haven't already via other downloaders.
For 250MB, you have to see for 7 days.
For 500MB, you have to see for 14 days.
For 750, 21 days."

That is pretty much straight forward and kept at a stable ratio, think anyone can be able to do that, nonetheless how "slow" the internet connection is, just keep seeding for as long as possible. By following these few minor pointers, you will have a fairly good ratio/level/reputation.

+1 for you Selta.
07-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Найти Ответить
MightyTree
Unregistered

Is anything being done to fix the images you guys broke when you updated the English version of the site?
07-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Ответить
Sorgens Не на форуме

У нас с: Jan 2013
Рейтинг: 4
(07-16-2013, 10:01 AM)MightyTree Писал(а): Is anything being done to fix the images you guys broke when you updated the English version of the site?

That you need to bring under the administrators attention. We users cannot do anything about it. Smile3
07-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 2 Гость(ей)