04-28-2019, 09:40 PM
Найти Ответить
MilleniallWake8 Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: May 2019
Рейтинг: 0
RE: What made you a metalhead?
Hey folks!
I'm new here, just found out about the site, it seems there's plenty of goods and people! Nice!
I didn't see any "I shall present myself" thread around, so I'll present here, answering to the question!

I'm a 30 yo guy from Northern Italy, which is kinda cool place to live in if you're a metalhead, since most of the big metal concerts that happen in Italy, with the big foreigner bands, are in Milan! I listen to a wide range of music, basically anything that catch my attention, but mighty METAL was indeed my initiation to deep, insightful listening. I started at around 14, with my first purchase being "The Number of The Beast" album. What a beast of an album!!!!
Since then I've been massively hooked to metal and music, I started listening to music all the time, hanging out with older people because my buddies in high school had completely different tastes, going to lots of concerts etc. My first love was 80s heavy metal and 90s power metal, than I discovered Opeth's Blackwater Park and my life changed forever...

I'm happy to meet you all and looking forward to write something here and there, sometimes, just for talking. I must say I'm a little thrilled about the whole forum concept, it's been AGES since I last hanged out in forums (because who does it anymore nowadays?).

Anyway, long live metal and good music! Cheers!

PS Just saw Symphony X live yesterday, was blown away by how good they sound and perform. Killer!!
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 05-15-2019, 09:03 PM пользователем MilleniallWake8.)
05-15-2019, 09:01 PM
Найти Ответить
vBurkert Не на форуме

У нас с: Jan 2016
Actually, I listened to a lot of bands before even knowing it was metal. My older brother listens to every kind of music and so do I, but I listen to metal much more than other styles. Thanks to my brother, I came to know Santana, Joe Satriani and some other bands. And it was also a time where we got to easily watch metal music videos in MTV and other music channels here in Brazil. So I got to watch videos from System of a Down, Slipknot, Metallica and stuff like that. Probably it was at the rising of Nu Metal, I don't know.

But the first band I listened to it knowing it was a Heavy Metal band was Iron Maiden. It remains one of my favorite bands to this day, by the time I started to listen to it they were to release A Matter of Life and Death.
05-16-2019, 08:20 PM
Найти Ответить
sourya2569 Не на форуме

У нас с: Mar 2013
yes bro. i first listened to metal when i was maybe 22yrs old. it was the album twlight of thunder god by amon amarth and i was blown away. then started listening to old school. and by then i had already become a metalhead bro. yo bro. motherfuckers fuck em and kill em all.
05-20-2019, 09:54 AM
Найти Ответить
Vreidicus Не на форуме

У нас с: Aug 2019
I grow up with a father who listens to alot of 70s hard rock but not much 80s heavy metal.
First time i heard 80s heavy metal like iron maiden i most been about 11 or 12 but the two things that made a metalhead was this:
When i turned 13 on the spring of 2000 my parents gave me Iron Maiden - Killers on CD, i bought their first album for birthday money.
The second thing that had a huge impact on me was a visit to Swedenrock Festival 2000 with my father, uncle and cousin, i saw bands like King Diamond, Running Wild, Saxon, DIO, Alice Cooper, Demon, Yngwie Malmsteen, Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Armored Saint, Primal Fear etc. So since the year 2000 i have been a metalhead, i love everything from the well known bands to the obscure bands and Iron Maiden with Di'Anno is very important to me, have Killers as a backpatch on my denim vest, King Diamond and especially Mercyful Fate is something very dear to me.
That´s how i become a Metalhead Smile3
08-18-2019, 03:56 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)