Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Successful American bands?
Sean19231 Не на форуме

Темы: 7
У нас с: Feb 2014
Рейтинг: 5
Successful American bands?
Hey, again. It's been an on-going joke for me and my friends, but we seem to not know many american bands that have made it to a remarkable level in terms of fans, sales, how much they get noticed.

Now, when talking about this, you must mentioned Metallica. Personally, I do not like them. However, it's no lie that they are popular, rich, etc. Short of Metallica I cannot really think of bands that started in America.

So, more to the point, please, mention popular american bands. I want to be proud I am an American ( in the metal area). Nobody actually wants to be an american for the majority of it all.

P.S It seems most good bands come from finland. I wish i was there Rofl
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 04-01-2014, 05:43 AM пользователем Sean19231.)
04-01-2014, 05:41 AM
Найти Ответить
genewen420 Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Nov 2013
RE: Successful American bands?
Off the top of my head, Pantera... in the 90's, when mainstream was trying its best to kill metal, Pantera was releasing platinum selling albums one after the other all decade long!
One thing you have to consider is that with the exception of a handfull of bands, true metal has never been in the "mainstream" here in America... it had a good run in the '80s with the hair metal scene (not what I would call true metal), and a handful of thrash bands got noticed (excluding Metallica of course, they took over the metal world!), and nu-metal had its day in the late '90s-early 2000's, but not many METAL bands do very good on the charts... corporate media just sucks here.
04-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Найти Ответить
Sean19231 Не на форуме

I'm talking like Amon Amarth status. Children of bodom status. Not outrageous popularity, but enough to consecutively tour what america is to them ( way far away), in american terms, america flying to finland or sweeden, etc..
04-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Найти Ответить
Newporg Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Jun 2013
Рейтинг: 4
Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Gorgasm, Decide, Lamb of God, Nile, Hatebreed, Revocation (Up and coming), Abysmal Dawn, Decrepit Birth, Origin

Kind of a dumb topic.. get kids in it talking about "True metal"
Here's some off the top of my head, there are LOADS of them.. which is why this is a dumb topic.
Either way, Enjoy!
04-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Найти Ответить
Sean19231 Не на форуме

I can't be held responsible for what he says. I was simple striking a discussion about popular american bands. Bands who are factually proven to have a lot of fans, and record sales. No opinions whatsoever.

You act as if this forum has an excess of topics in which this is completely irrelevant. In my opinion, any topic that gets people talking, on an otherwise ghost town of a forum, is a good topic.
04-02-2014, 05:28 AM
Найти Ответить
morbidgoat Не на форуме

У нас с: Mar 2014
Рейтинг: 1
well i dont know how many fans or sales you would consider successful but there are many bands from USA that i could consider successful like Overkill, Exodus, Testament, Impaled, Morbid Angel, Immolation are the ones i can thnk of right now.
There are many great bands from USA that dont have a commercial success.
04-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Найти Ответить
methosx Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Mar 2014
Рейтинг: 0
Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Mushroomhead are good.
04-04-2014, 03:55 AM
Найти Ответить
Tyrannus Не на форуме

У нас с: Jun 2014
Рейтинг: 3
Not really being commercialy successful, but Wolves in the Throne Room, Xasthur, Judas Iscariot, Nachtmystium, are very well known bands in the Black Metal circles. I guess Cannibal Corpse can be considered successful too.
06-11-2014, 03:19 AM
Найти Ответить
Liliths_Embrace
Unregistered

There are good American bands.I will say some that you haven't mentioned: Metallica,Death,Possessed,Slayer,Vital Remains,Obituary,Type O Negative,Inquisition,Agalloch
06-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Ответить
SweetFairy Не на форуме

У нас с: Apr 2014
Рейтинг: 8
avenged sevenfold probably
06-12-2014, 04:02 AM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)