Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Biggest musical disappointments?
Ardate На форуме

Темы: 3
У нас с: Mar 2017
Рейтинг: 4
Biggest musical disappointments?
We've all had our hopes and dreams crushed by some beloved bands - be it some disastrous live performances, awful directions in some newer albums, or worse yet meeting an artist and realizing they're an ass.

So - what are your biggest musical disappointments? And why? Give us some of those sweet deets!
(And I do mean disappointments - the point of this thread is not to spit on a band you never liked but rather to explain how and why a band you used to genuinely love/care about turned sour for you.)
01-10-2022, 02:13 AM
Найти Ответить
Ardate На форуме

Темы: 3
У нас с: Mar 2017
Рейтинг: 4
RE: Biggest musical disappointments?
To start this off, I'd have to talk about Korpiklaani.
Loved them when I was in highschool, such a fun band that didn't take itself seriously - I loved the party vibes they had in some of their songs as well as their more mature productions, so their albums were among the ones I listened to regularly back then.

A couple years later I finally got to see them in concert - I wasn't that invested in them anymore but this still felt like achieving something 15 year old me wanted - and goddamn was it a mess.
They were all very drunk, especially the singer, but absolutely not in the fun way. They had an argument, grumpily grumbled a couple songs without any soul to them while completely messing up their playing, and when the set ended it was pretty much a relief.
It was overall a very pathetic display that still makes me cringe when I think about it.

I've talked to a couple friends who had sadly similar experiences with the band, and confirmed to me Korpiklaani in recents years is absolutely not a band to see live, and that's a shame.
01-10-2022, 03:16 PM
Найти Ответить
riqeqz24ud Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Sep 2017
Рейтинг: 2
RE: Biggest musical disappointments?
I've also heard people speak of Korpiklaani in disparaging terms, so I'm not surprised.

Paysage d'Hiver – many great works – debuting with Steineiche, peaking with the amazing self-titled album, as well as Nacht, Das Tor, Schnee, and even 2020's "Im Wald" – but last year brought "Geister", which is just a turd of an album. I bought it blindly, but I've only spun it 3 or 4 times. Boring, bland, total departure from what once made PdH great.

Furia - W śnialni (EP, 2021)
I've got the majority of Furia's catalog, including the rather experimental "Halny" EP. But W śnialni broke me. What the fuck? About 5 minutes of decent material plus a bunch of faffing about. A reviewer put it like this: "they are insisting that you listen to the music the way THEY want you to". That's great as long as the music doesn't suck. W śnialni though, is a whole lot of nothing.

To end on a positive note: Cradle of Filth's latest album is, somehow, pretty awesome.
01-19-2022, 10:04 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: Ardate, 1 Гость(ей)