Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Funk Metal added to the genre list?
gloves Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Nov 2014
Рейтинг: 5
Funk Metal added to the genre list?
I am not sure who to ask specifically but I figure this is a great place to put it out in the open. I was wondering if the genre Funk Metal can be added to the list of genres on here? There are a lot of funk metal bands out there ranging everywhere from an alternative metal funky feel to a funky black metal and heavy thrash funky metal. If it is possible for this to be added I would love to contribute to helping filling it up.
04-09-2015, 11:19 PM
Найти Ответить
beernd Не на форуме

Темы: 9
У нас с: Dec 2012
Рейтинг: 51
RE: Funk Metal added to the genre list?
Tried a pm to one of the mods already?
And what the hell is funk metal? ://
05-29-2015, 10:05 PM
Найти Ответить
EvandroJGC Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: May 2014
Рейтинг: 1
(05-29-2015, 10:05 PM)beernd Писал(а): Tried a pm to one of the mods already?
And what the hell is funk metal? ://

Do you already heard about Living Colour? They are a (great) Funk Metal band (at least in some '90s albums).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Colour
06-26-2015, 04:13 PM
Найти Ответить
beernd Не на форуме

Ah ok, Living Colour i know of course.
But it isn't really my kind of music.
06-26-2015, 04:38 PM
Найти Ответить
tears_of_fire Не на форуме
Posting Freak

Темы: 8
У нас с: Jan 2014
Рейтинг: 115
...... there is this guy that I know...... he doesn't like metal very much...... and he is used to say "FUCK metal !!" ...... but I'm afraid that it's not the same...... right ?!

Whistle
06-26-2015, 08:00 PM
Найти Ответить
EvandroJGC Не на форуме

(06-26-2015, 08:00 PM)tears_of_fire Писал(а): ...... there is this guy that I know...... he doesn't like metal very much...... and he is used to say "FUCK metal !!" ...... but I'm afraid that it's not the same...... right ?!

Whistle

I don't understood you. You mean that who likes Funk Metal hates Metal?
My favorite musical genre is Thrash Metal, but I can like Hard Rock, Funk Rock, Funk Metal, Death Metal, etc. too. I don't see any problem with this.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 06-28-2015, 01:03 AM пользователем EvandroJGC.)
06-28-2015, 01:02 AM
Найти Ответить
tears_of_fire Не на форуме
Posting Freak

Темы: 8
У нас с: Jan 2014
Рейтинг: 115
(06-28-2015, 01:02 AM)EvandroJGC Писал(а): I don't understood you. You mean that who likes Funk Metal hates Metal?......

man...... OMG...... it was just a joke...... only a joke with the words "FUNK" e "FUCK"...... my friend...... nothing else...... only a joke...... take it easy......

Smile3
06-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Найти Ответить
EvandroJGC Не на форуме

(06-28-2015, 10:55 AM)tears_of_fire Писал(а):
(06-28-2015, 01:02 AM)EvandroJGC Писал(а): I don't understood you. You mean that who likes Funk Metal hates Metal?......

man...... OMG...... it was just a joke...... only a joke with the words "FUNK" e "FUCK"...... my friend...... nothing else...... only a joke...... take it easy......

Smile3

Ah, ok! I was not angry about it, I really don't understood what you had written (english is not my language), and I think that I expressed myself poorly, sorry about it!
06-28-2015, 03:45 PM
Найти Ответить
beernd Не на форуме

To get back on this one... Living Colour is not bad even though it isn't my kind of music.
But to call it in any kind of way metal... hm... i don't know if that is where they should be categorized.
06-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Найти Ответить
gloves Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Nov 2014
Рейтинг: 5
(06-28-2015, 04:16 PM)beernd Писал(а): To get back on this one... Living Colour is not bad even though it isn't my kind of music.
But to call it in any kind of way metal... hm... i don't know if that is where they should be categorized.

Early bands such as Finger Eleven (when they started 20 years ago) at the times were considered metal. Now they sound nothing like todays metal and much heavier stuff. They and Living Colour are why I wanted to request a Funk Metal Genre. There are a lot of predecessor albums to famous bands that started as funk metal and honestly, those were their better albums. Instead of calling them alternative metal they should retain the honor of Funk. Check out this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funk_metal

There's a lot there that people (myself included) have forgotten or didn't even realize because I/we have only heard their later stuff.

Finger Eleven is one of those bands. We've all heard Paralyzer and One Thing but have any of you heard their album Tip? Or when they were Rainbow Butt Monkeys?
What about Dry Kill Logic when they were Hinge? Listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX9MvdxV1Ig

Funk metal is one of genres. I totally feel like it should be on here.
06-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)