Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
uploads with poor sound quality
johnmangini Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Oct 2013
Рейтинг: 0
uploads with poor sound quality
Why upload less than 320kbps - seems like waste to upload anything less than best quality ( besides lossless) . your thought or comment is welcome Pleasantry
05-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Найти Ответить
beernd Не на форуме

Темы: 12
У нас с: Dec 2012
Рейтинг: 48
RE: uploads with poor sound quality
I agree on that. Back in the early days with the small harddrives it was a lot better to put it up in low bitrate but nowadays everyone had at least a terrabyte or more.
05-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Найти Ответить
tears_of_fire Не на форуме
Posting Freak

Темы: 13
У нас с: Jan 2014
Рейтинг: 115
I almost agree...... I mean...... ok, if there is only one torrent for a rare and hard to find album, well, let's take it even if with a poor bitrate...... but I really don't understand why to keep 2, 3 o more torrents of the exactly same album, only because each torrent is with a different bitrate...... I think that it would be an intelligent thing to keep only the best bitrate for one album, and that each new torrent with better bitrate should substitute the previous with a lower bitrate...... I guess......

Smile3
05-29-2015, 10:27 PM
Найти Ответить
ivanargen
Unregistered

Sometimes those who like black metal we prefer that have low bitrate as it should be
05-30-2015, 01:01 AM
Ответить
PuddleMonkey Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Mar 2014
I'm a bitrate snob, I understand FLAC, 320 and VBR, but I don't understand why anyone wastes time with 128 & 192.

With that being said, would there be much interest in FLAC uploads here of rare and out of print CDs? Say, if it were already uploaded in 320 by someone would you rather have a FLAC rip of the same disc?
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 05-31-2015, 01:53 AM пользователем PuddleMonkey.)
05-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Найти Ответить
p00pd00d Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Oct 2013
Рейтинг: 3
I'm a bitrate snob aswell, I hate it when I can't find stuff at 320. Arguably VBR v0 is just as good, but I stick to uploading 320 'cos people don't seem to be convinced by VBR v0. I do think there is a place for low bitrate stuff aswell though. For those who simply want to try before they buy low bitrate rips are useful because they're generally available before the quality rips. There are definitely people out there with a lot less than a terrabyte. I'm struggling on with 450Gb, 82Gb left before I have to rob someone again Smile3 Then there's those of us who live in places with state of the ark ISP's, my connection speed varies between 500kbps and 10kbps dependent on time of day and stuff. I'm sure there are others who have it much worse. But my main point would be, why not have the shitty low bitrate crap on here aswell, they aren't classed as duplicates so we can have both. That way you just pick your flavor and everyones a winner.
05-31-2015, 09:29 PM
Найти Ответить
PuddleMonkey Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Mar 2014
Some good points p00p, lower bit rates do have their place for sampling and whatnot. I've probably purchased over 100 CDs in the past 3 months just from stuff I've downloaded here.

I have a 2TB drive and I feel restricted, I delete just about every thing I download after listening to it. I conserve the space I have for my personal uploads. Eventually I want technology to get to the point where I can rip all 13,000+ original metal CDs I have to 320. I'd feel better having a digital archive of my stuff in case disaster were to happen and I lose everything in a house fire or something. I've been eyeballing some of these "RAID" systems but the good ones are still quite expensive.
06-01-2015, 08:27 AM
Найти Ответить
blackme
Unregistered

people download low bit rate uploads as well as high quality ones, and I'm talking about not only new upcoming releases
so metalheads need low bit rate and we can offer it)
when one has a choice, one feels free and important in some area) lets give people a choice)
06-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 3 Гость(ей)