• Голосов: 1 - Средняя оценка: 5
Suggestions for improvement tracker
jrio Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Aug 2018
Рейтинг: 0
RE: Suggestions for improvement tracker
Love the site, here's some food for thought:

1.) You probably have more English speaking users than Russian (or other native languages) on the site. While there is an English version of the site, pretty much all of the upper-level users (mods, admins, head admins, owners etc) either refuse to speak English or don't care so it becomes a frustrating experience when you have to deal with someone who doesn't speak English. English is the international language, your higher level users should be at least willing to try and speak English when users need help, especially users who donate. I can guarantee you fine folks that if you make the effort to communicate a little better with the English speaking crowd, donations will increase. Everyone likes money and every site needs funding so I think this tip is a no-brainer. Obviously if the site has plenty of funding and doesn't care about reaching more users, my comments here are irrelevant. It is what it is.

2.) Inconsistency with the moderators. My experience with uploading here at the site was pretty much a nightmare because of a lack of consistency amongst the moderators. I went out of my way to follow every single uploading rule, yet every single time I ran into a different issue with a different mod. My problems were as follows:

a. I forgot to add a " ] " somewhere on one of my uploads. One time a mod fixed it himself and didn't care, another time a mod deleted my upload and made me redo the entire thing.
b. The track list was numbered incorrectly somewhere although according to the rules, but the mods didn't agree. I decided to check other uploads that were exactly like mine and found the exact same numbering sequence I used and the mods still went out of their way to complain about mine and delete it each time.
c. Was told by one mod that individual DVD uploads were fine while another mod told me to put them all together since I had multiple DVDs for the same band. I complied and made a giant torrent with every DVD listed according to all of the site rules and my upload was still deleted because of some minor error somewhere in the listening. Again I went and checked another similar upload by someone else and it was allowed, just not mine.
d. The mods only speak Russian or whatever their native tongue is which forces you to use Google translate. Most of the time their reasons for deleting the upload were vague or there was no reason given at all.

Maybe the mods don't like foreigners for some reason? Maybe the mods don't like me for some reason? I would think a site like this would try to be open to giving everyone a chance, especially a site that has open donations and uploads. I understand the site is Russian and owned and operated by Russians, but you are limiting this site's potential by not being more open to foreigner users.

I've gone out of my way to be polite and follow every rule carefully so as not to create any problems, and I've never complained in public about these inconsistencies. This thread is about how to improve the tracker and I'm offering some friendly advice as to how to reach a wider audience, get more funding, and make the upload experience easier, and more importantly, consistent. I've donated to this site on a few occasions and I'm more than happy to continue donating because I think the site is great, but you guys are limiting the audience you reach and jading some users from uploading rare, valuable content. I have many terabytes of original content to share with everyone, a lot of it rare and not uploaded here, but until there's more consistency with the mods I'm not going to bother. I don't need the headache. I'm doing the site and your users a favor by sharing the content and donating to the site.

I very much appreciate this site and what you are doing for the community but there are some areas where things can be improved. Thank you very much for your time and patience.

John
06-19-2019, 06:03 PM
Найти Ответить
emgirvaremreys
Unregistered

The fact that the moderators do not want to speak English is not entirely true. I don't speak the language well, but other moderators and administrators speak better, and respond to users. It's something else, and what I can not understand
06-20-2019, 10:47 AM
Ответить
coby420 Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Dec 2016
Рейтинг: 1
I believe they don't understand the basics of the english language at all, the exact same thing you're talking about happened to me, and that's why now I limit myself to seed whenever I can.
They seem like nice people, I don't see any malice in what they do.

Btw, there was this time when a really toxic guy was talking a lot of shit, and as I was trying to stop him (mostly because at the same time I was making fun of him and he wasn't so bright) and I almost got banned because the mods thought I was with him.
06-20-2019, 12:23 PM
Найти Ответить
zzashpaupat Не на форуме
Administrator

Темы: 31
У нас с: Oct 2009
Рейтинг: 78
(06-19-2019, 06:03 PM)jrio Писал(а): Love the site, here's some food for thought:

1.) You probably have more English speaking users than Russian (or other native languages) on the site. While there is an English version of the site, pretty much all of the upper-level users (mods, admins, head admins, owners etc) either refuse to speak English or don't care so it becomes a frustrating experience when you have to deal with someone who doesn't speak English. English is the international language, your higher level users should be at least willing to try and speak English when users need help, especially users who donate. I can guarantee you fine folks that if you make the effort to communicate a little better with the English speaking crowd, donations will increase. Everyone likes money and every site needs funding so I think this tip is a no-brainer. Obviously if the site has plenty of funding and doesn't care about reaching more users, my comments here are irrelevant. It is what it is.

2.) Inconsistency with the moderators. My experience with uploading here at the site was pretty much a nightmare because of a lack of consistency amongst the moderators. I went out of my way to follow every single uploading rule, yet every single time I ran into a different issue with a different mod. My problems were as follows:

a. I forgot to add a " ] " somewhere on one of my uploads. One time a mod fixed it himself and didn't care, another time a mod deleted my upload and made me redo the entire thing.
b. The track list was numbered incorrectly somewhere although according to the rules, but the mods didn't agree. I decided to check other uploads that were exactly like mine and found the exact same numbering sequence I used and the mods still went out of their way to complain about mine and delete it each time.
c. Was told by one mod that individual DVD uploads were fine while another mod told me to put them all together since I had multiple DVDs for the same band. I complied and made a giant torrent with every DVD listed according to all of the site rules and my upload was still deleted because of some minor error somewhere in the listening. Again I went and checked another similar upload by someone else and it was allowed, just not mine.
d. The mods only speak Russian or whatever their native tongue is which forces you to use Google translate. Most of the time their reasons for deleting the upload were vague or there was no reason given at all.

Maybe the mods don't like foreigners for some reason? Maybe the mods don't like me for some reason? I would think a site like this would try to be open to giving everyone a chance, especially a site that has open donations and uploads. I understand the site is Russian and owned and operated by Russians, but you are limiting this site's potential by not being more open to foreigner users.

I've gone out of my way to be polite and follow every rule carefully so as not to create any problems, and I've never complained in public about these inconsistencies. This thread is about how to improve the tracker and I'm offering some friendly advice as to how to reach a wider audience, get more funding, and make the upload experience easier, and more importantly, consistent. I've donated to this site on a few occasions and I'm more than happy to continue donating because I think the site is great, but you guys are limiting the audience you reach and jading some users from uploading rare, valuable content. I have many terabytes of original content to share with everyone, a lot of it rare and not uploaded here, but until there's more consistency with the mods I'm not going to bother. I don't need the headache. I'm doing the site and your users a favor by sharing the content and donating to the site.

I very much appreciate this site and what you are doing for the community but there are some areas where things can be improved. Thank you very much for your time and patience.

John

Hi, John.

Thank you for feedback. I agree, there is some inconsistency among moderators. 

But all the people are different with different opinions. So, I think, way to improve the uploading process is to clarify or change some rules. Also, some troubles can be reduced by improving technical process.
If we need to specify some points, let's do it together. We are open to any opinions and suggestions.

I agree, most of moderators don't know English as well as native users. But I ask not to blame them, cause they are just ordinary russian guys, who spent their own time and effort to check many uploads and chat and comments to keep order on the site. 

I'm sorry for any inconveniences and negative experience you had.
Be true - stay brutal!
06-20-2019, 12:51 PM
Найти Ответить
emgirvaremreys
Unregistered

Now imagine that we, the Russians come to the site, where all the moderators are English-speaking. Would you learn Russian to communicate with us? not sure. I do not want to offend or insult any of the users of the site, but let's really look at the situation.
06-21-2019, 10:38 AM
Ответить
FuneralWolf Не на форуме
Woolf

Темы: 2
У нас с: Mar 2009
Рейтинг: 15
now let's look at the situation even more realistically. English is an international language. Here and Brazilians and poles communicate in English. Yes, the tracker is Russian, but users here from all over the world! Asked earlier and ask again - Fellow moderators, communicate with non-Russian-speaking English. I'm not asking him to teach. Google and Yandex have done everything for you translators! You are required to translate only one sentence, why torrent was not moderated.
John, please accept our apologies for the careless and irresponsible attitude of some moderators. I hope we will settle these shortcomings
06-21-2019, 03:20 PM
Найти Ответить
jrio Не на форуме

У нас с: Aug 2018
@zzashpaupat  @FuneralWolf, thank you very much for your kind responses.

@emgirvaremreys, I've already gone out of my way to communicate with the mods in Russian who never bothered to try and communicate with me in English by using Google translate. I have no idea if what I was saying was right or wrong but I made the effort. 22 years ago I left the United States and moved to Brazil and forced myself to learn Portuguese so I could fit in and communicate. Portuguese is not my native tongue, but I thought it was important to learn it to be respectful to the culture here. I totally understand your point and you are right, you guys would probably struggle on an English only site. The cool thing is that you guys do offer an English version of the tracker which means you are making the effort to communicate and reach out to non-native Russian speakers. My complaint isn't entirely focused on whether or not the mods speak English, but rather the inconsistencies with the upload rules. Every mod should apply the exact same rules across the board, not have different attitudes towards the same rule.

This is what's going on right now with the same type of upload. This is just an example:

Mod 1 - no issues (haven't met one of these mods yet)
Mod 2 - small issue with forgetting a "]" somewhere in the description but fixed it anyway and approved the upload
Mod 3 - small issue with forgetting a "]" somewhere in the description and deleted the upload till it was fixed
Mod 4 - upload deleted because I added a "]" in the description as requested by other mods
Mod 5 - told me to upload using a specific format and gave me an example somewhere on the tracker already uploaded to follow
Mod 6 - deleted upload for using the specific format as requested by other mod
Mod 7 - warned me I would banned if I continued to make mistakes

That stuff is frustrating and a waste of my time. I even went back to check some of the exact same uploads I was trying to do and saw some of my minor mistakes which were actually approved and uploaded. This is what I'm talking about. I've also been reading some of the live chat and I see a lot of the same complaints. People just get frustrated and give up. I honestly could care less because I belong to other private trackers and never have any of these issues but this thread is about improving the tracker so I thought I would offer my opinions. Again, I think the site is great but there are areas that can be improved to facilitate uploads. Right now the mods are complaining about semantics which is costing the site uploads and possibly donations.

John
06-21-2019, 04:39 PM
Найти Ответить
emgirvaremreys
Unregistered

I understand you. Thanks for the criticism. We will take steps to resolve the misunderstanding.
06-21-2019, 05:46 PM
Ответить
AriesWarlock Не на форуме

У нас с: Sep 2018
Hello. I wanted to suggest adding the style or genre "black/speed metal" if possible to the search options. There's many bands in this genre. Some examples of this style are Diabolic Night, Burstin' Out, Hellish Grave, Infernal Assault, Omega, Witchnight, etc. Having this style available will make it easier to search for such bands.Thanks.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 10-20-2019, 05:17 AM пользователем AriesWarlock.)
10-19-2019, 04:34 AM
Найти Ответить
datoxxl Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Jul 2019
(01-05-2017, 03:23 PM)ccakir Писал(а): Is it possible to add "sort by how many times downloaded" option?

+1

Please add this option. It'll be priceless!
12-16-2019, 02:31 AM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 2 Гость(ей)