Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 2 - Средняя оценка: 5
Viking/Folk Metal Recommendations
LokisDad
Unregistered

Viking/Folk Metal Recommendations
Hello everyone. I am new here on the forum. I am a long-time viking/folk metal fan but find myself still listening to the same bands I liked in highschool (& I graduated in 2004!) so I was hoping to get some suggestions for some bands to check out and download. I like the more black metal influenced type of folk metal bands such as falkenbach, moonsorrow, ensiferum but am not limiting myself. I want to hear new things!

Thanks in advance!
01-13-2016, 08:36 PM
Ответить
Filizion
Unregistered

Icon_rolleyes  RE: Viking/Folk Metal Recommendations
(01-13-2016, 08:36 PM)LokisDad Писал(а): Hello everyone. I am new here on the forum. I am a long-time viking/folk metal fan but find myself still listening to the same bands I liked in highschool (& I graduated in 2004!) so I was hoping to get some suggestions for some bands to check out and download. I like the more black metal influenced type of folk metal bands such as falkenbach, moonsorrow, ensiferum but am not limiting myself. I want to hear new things!

Thanks in advance!

Well, dunno exactly all you have heard before but I guess you are looking for new stuff..

Usually I look up new sounds in various sites like Nuclear Blast, Dark Lyrics but mostly on Encyclopaedia Metallum (metal archives) under a specific genre, then I`ll search for a kind torrent here.

And not wishing to start nothing nationalistic, I find most folk/viking/black or Death Metal better if it is original from Norway. Dirol
01-19-2016, 12:16 AM
Ответить
OdinKingslayer Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Nov 2012
Рейтинг: 2
RE: Viking/Folk Metal Recommendations
Kromlek is fucking killer. I remember liking Manegarm a lot too.
01-19-2016, 07:20 AM
Найти Ответить
PsilocybeDecoction Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Apr 2014
Рейтинг: 0
Folk Metal? Here comes my favourite band of all time: Agalloch. Pretty much the whole discography (which is not that big) but for more folky music I'd go for older ones, especially Pale Folklore and The Mantle. As for Viking Metal, I really enjoy many albums of Enslaved. But I really never even listened to all of them. But the most "vikingish" is Eld i guess. I like especially first song, 793, which is the year of The Battle of Lindisfarne, pretty cool stuff. I hope I helped ;)
01-20-2016, 08:25 PM
Найти Ответить
frees Не на форуме

У нас с: Mar 2016
Here too to look for more folk metal bands.

My favorites so far are as mentioned:
-Аркона
-Bucovina
-Ensiferum
-Wintersun
-Fenrir
-Fferyllt
-Evenoire
-Equilibrium
-Nevid
-Orphaned Land
-Грай
-Black Kirin
-Woodscream
-Finntroll
-Tengger Cavalry
- Калевала

Let me know what other folk metal bands you can recommend me too!
03-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Найти Ответить
Arnason
Unregistered

(01-13-2016, 08:36 PM)LokisDad Писал(а): Hello everyone. I am new here on the forum. I am a long-time viking/folk metal fan but find myself still listening to the same bands I liked in highschool (& I graduated in 2004!) so I was hoping to get some suggestions for some bands to check out and download. I like the more black metal influenced type of folk metal bands such as falkenbach, moonsorrow, ensiferum but am not limiting myself. I want to hear new things!

Thanks in advance!

Skálmöld
03-20-2016, 10:26 PM
Ответить
Murmaider13 Не на форуме

У нас с: Mar 2016
Eluveitie has to be my favorite
03-20-2016, 11:34 PM
Найти Ответить
Hallgeir
Unregistered

I really like King of Asgard. "Fi'mbulvintr" and "... To North" are driving, energetic albums. Their newest one "Karg" I'm not a fan of because it doesn't have the same quality as the first two (not sure if it's the recording, or the vocals, but it's different enough to where I thought it was possibly a different band).
04-13-2016, 05:33 AM
Ответить
-xiii-
Unregistered

Thanks in advance!

More Black influence you say:
Try out:

Gallowbraid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XVATLAuYWU

Thy Catafalque
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jirn16W4t-E

Bornholm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0fOeeHFt0E

Saor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVk3wvcP8TI
04-27-2016, 01:35 AM
Ответить
RiverPlate Не на форуме

У нас с: Oct 2016
Рейтинг: 2
Týr, from Faroe Island

(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 10-28-2016, 09:33 PM пользователем RiverPlate.)
10-28-2016, 09:32 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)