Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Unknown metal gems (bands, albums, live shows etc)
Lich Coldheart Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Nov 2015
Рейтинг: 0
Unknown metal gems (bands, albums, live shows etc)
Has it ever happened to you to stumble upon a band on a website, being it this one or another, and know nothing about it? No review, no opinion on their music, nothing on the f*cking web! But still you decide to give it a chance and are absolutely shocked by how awesomely that goddamn band delivers!

Or have you ever been to a metal show just because some of your friends wanted to go, expected to be disappointed but were actually blown away?

There are many hidden gems in metal. Let us bring them to light, shall we?

Personally, I've never been to a concert because I don't have any metalhead friends and I think it would be strange to go just by myself but I'm sure someday I will. Yet, I may have some gems to reveal in terms of bands and albums... such as:

"31.000" by Whisperhead - an awesome atmospheric metal record. I've never heard the band before and there wasn't much information about it except for some last.fm bullshit which I don't care about, anyway, but the atmospheric tag was enough to persuade me to check out the band and I am really happy I did.

"Dreams" by Amsvartner - once, while looking for bands similar to Acheron, I stumbled upon a site where the only suggestion was Amsvartner. It was hard for me to find their album which turn out to be a melo-death record which has nothing to do with Acheron but it's a great album anyway

"Stronger than Frost" by Kamlath - once Kamlath was labelled as 'dark metal' on the Metal Archives and I was like 'dark metal? WTF is that?' Anyway, I decided to check out their only full-length which turned out to be a great progressive metal record, definitely worth listening.

Now, you're turn. Which unknown games would you like to bring to light?

And, would you mind if I asked you to provide some description about the band/album/show you want to share? Let's try to keep this thread alive by not turning it into a list thread, shall we? Dirol
02-18-2016, 02:29 PM
Найти Ответить
Zaster23 Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Jan 2014
RE: Unknown metal gems (bands, albums, live shows etc)
I've got a couple of bands here that receive a criminal amount of neglect, primarily due to their obscurity:

"Miasma" by The Eternal Suffering - I stumbled upon this band several years ago (I can't remember for the life of me how) and at the time they were a little too much for me, but I kept them around because even as a naive child, I still knew I had struck gold. Now they're one of my favorite bands, despite only having one full length album. They incorporate black metal with elements of death metal as well, while keeping a nice, thick atmosphere.

"The Ages" by Hybrid Nightmares - I was browsing a Facebook metal page early last year when I found a small plug for their newest (at the time) EP, The First Age, and I was immediately captivated by the beautiful album cover, and the concept, not only of the EP itself, but that they were releasing 4 EPs that year, and the culmination would create one full length concept double album. They have no full lengths, but two EPs besides The Ages that are also very solid. They utilize elements of progressive, black, and death metal to create something pretty unique, and absolutely gorgeous.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 02-20-2016, 10:27 AM пользователем Zaster23.)
02-19-2016, 09:11 AM
Найти Ответить
Lich Coldheart Не на форуме

У нас с: Nov 2015
(02-19-2016, 09:11 AM)Zaster23 Писал(а): I've got a couple of bands here that receive a criminal amount of neglect, primarily due to their obscurity:

"Miasma" by The Eternal Suffering - I stumbled upon this band several years ago (I can't remember for the life of me how) and at the time they were a little too much for me, but I kept them around because even as a naive child, I still knew I had struck gold. Now they're one of my favorite bands, despite only having one full length album. They incorporate black metal with elements of death metal as well, while keeping a nice, thick atmosphere.

"The Ages" by Hybrid Nightmares - I was browsing a Facebook metal page early last year when I found a small plug for their newest (at the time) EP, The First Age, and I was immediately captivated by the beautiful album cover, and the concept, not only of the EP itself, but that they were releasing 4 EPs that year, and the culmination would create one full length concept double album. They have no full lengths, but two EPs besides The Ages that are also very solid. They utilize elements of progressive, black, and death metal to create something pretty unique, and absolutely gorgeous.

Sounds good. I might check those bands out myself. Thank_you2
02-20-2016, 11:20 PM
Найти Ответить
IronMaster Не на форуме

У нас с: Aug 2014
Рейтинг: 2
"Primordial" (2013) by Ploy For Extinction - Not sure where I DLed this album from (probably here) but gave them a chance I really glad I did .. One of my fav albums in the last few years ... Melodic death metal I guess (sorry bad with genres) My fav tracks are Primordial, Weak and Powerless, Seeds of Fear.

"We Are Born From The Pain" (2014) by Dialectic Soul - Watched one of their YT vids and was impressed so came here and DLed the album .. Its now in my playlist and tunes for my car. Classified as melodic death metal also contains some keyboards.. Their earlier releases are good too .. just not as polished and as high quality studio recordings
02-21-2016, 07:38 AM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)