Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Growl Singing: Who was the first?!
Luis Vilhena Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: May 2014
Рейтинг: 1
Growl Singing: Who was the first?!
I really want to know who was the first singer to use this thecnique and how it developed over the years. Do not consider the tibetan throat singing, let's find its origin on metal music. Send interviews, texts, videos and songs.
11-04-2016, 12:28 AM
Найти Ответить
tears_of_fire Не на форуме
Posting Freak

Темы: 13
У нас с: Jan 2014
Рейтинг: 115
RE: Growl Singing: Who was the first?!
good topic  Smile3

I think the first has been Lemmy...... one day, before startint to sing, made a cough in the microphone...... it was the first growling......  Laugh1

ok...... seriously...... I think that it has been some sort of evolution of the singing, more and more extreme together with the increasing extremization of the sound and the music...... hard rock ---> heavy ---> thrash ---> death, and so on the vocals...... not a single first singer, but a more or less evolution of the vocal styles...... I guess......  Smile3
"...... meglio la carne che l'osso...... e darci dentro a più non posso......"
11-04-2016, 12:47 AM
Найти Ответить
Filizion Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Dec 2015
Рейтинг: 7
I would not say Chris BArnes , ex-Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, was the first to come up with this style. But he was for sure one of the most influences in growlings for most death metal bands from today. Althought Napalm Death was around first than Cannibal, I still believe Cannibal was the big jump for the genre.

Check their DVD history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGPot3rP53o
And please dont complain about the commercials, you can forward the videos passing all adds and closing them, then put at the beginning and watch add free ;)
Hope I helped.
11-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Найти Ответить
Stifle Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Nov 2014
Рейтинг: 1
Kam Lee of Mantas is possibly the first. Mantas later became Death. (yes, THE Death) I don't credit Lemmy with the original growl because his style is far too throaty and raspy. RIP Lemmy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvxBw0kUXfM
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 11-11-2016, 07:01 AM пользователем Stifle.)
11-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Найти Ответить
LivingCorpse Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Nov 2015
Рейтинг: 9
I was also thinking about Mantas/Death. If not them..who else?
If you know more, please say..
11-12-2016, 06:25 PM
Найти Ответить
tears_of_fire Не на форуме
Posting Freak

Темы: 13
У нас с: Jan 2014
Рейтинг: 115
(11-12-2016, 06:25 PM)LivingCorpse Писал(а): ..who else?
If you know more, please say..

it's something very difficult to say with absolute cenrtainty...... I mean...... one day, coming from nowhere, one single singer started to sing using the growling style...... HIM and no other before HIM...... before him, only melodic clear vocals...... it's something that, if it were that, every one of us should know his name, it would be an historical event remembered by every headbanger on the planet...... the fist growling singer...... as, for example, the first guitarist to use tapping style, or the first band with classic instruments in their songs......  Smile3
"...... meglio la carne che l'osso...... e darci dentro a più non posso......"
11-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)